The Academy of Rheumatology and Radiology is a new initiative created by the ADARRC team to promote teaching of comprehensive musculoskeletal radiology to rheumatologists and general radiologists by conducting regular workshops. The training is delivered via a combination of lectures, small group workshops and hands-on training.
- To develop a training curriculum for rheumatologists and general radiologists to interpret imaging reports/studies.
- To conduct ultrasound, MRI and plain film workshops for rheumatologists and radiologists.
- To help rheumatologist to understand the role of imaging and make the best use of an imaging department.
- To encourage rheumatologists to use ultrasound as a part of initial assessment of patients.
- To encourage and train rheumatologists to perform small joint ultrasound scans.
Rheumatology and radiology trainees